With the fabric mishap I had to make another Minion quilt. This time with fabric purchased from a quilt shop. I hadn’t planned to make an all white background but I think I like this one better than the mostly blue Minion. When I look at it it reminds my of my floor littered with toys when my son was little.
As for quilting, instead of following the pattern as I did with the first, I quilted an E2E curly Q all over. Mostly because I was so over making this quilt and I could get it done in little to no time. Quilt patterns are great the first time around but when I make the same one back to back I get very bored. It survived the washing machine also. No shredded fabric.
In case you missed this first one: In a rush I purchased fabric from Walmart and when I laundered it some of the fabric shredded around my stitches. Both on the appliques and the paper pieced blocks. If it had just been around the appliques or just around the traditional pieced pinwheels I would accept my share of the blame. But there were also areas of shredding in the paper pieced blocks as well. The blue quilt was donated to a little girl with a liver disease waiting on a transplant. I hope she enjoys it.
More circles cut from Levis for a Cathedral Window quilt. I suppose I will continue cutting them until I have made my fabric choices from scrap for my next quilt, a Burgoyne surround.